Seize the thought – “New every morning”
Seize the thought – “New every morning”. We have new things come into our day – each and everyday – but it starts with our attitude at the beginning of our day.
We would like to live in an ideal world – but it isn’t so. But what we can have is a change of attitude. Things might be a great deal different If we did not have negative things in life such as being sick, down, depressed, disabled, loss of work or life. .
At this present time, I am inspired by a book that my hubby is currently reading on Henry Ford. How he garnered workers – even when sick and disabled to come and work. They would work in his factory from their beds or wheelchairs. The blind, crippled and mute. The sick were motivated and got well quicker by the system of self-worth Mr. Ford had engineered. The reward of being useful, being productive as well as having wages. This helped their state of mind as could be seen by the morale it engendered.
We can learn from this instance of positive idea of helping give those with negative life experiences a positive boost. We can all learn from this and incorporate steps in our own lives.
Solving problems and Strategies
Many of us through our personal different physical or mental and emotional circumstances face hard times We would rather pull the bed cover over our head rather than face a “new” day. We all have strategies – some positive, some negative – to handle what comes our way in life. Some wise strategies, some not so much. Here are some to work with.
- Do you have goals or aims? Even “soft aims” can help you have a direction.
- Do you think of what is new every morning? A new day brings new promises with it. Forget the past – it’s gone. Dust yourself off and think of new things to put into play.
- If you find things are especially hard – focus on just doing three small things in your day. No matter how small – they are achievements for that day.
- No matter how little you can do – remember small actions add up. Step by step.
- What inspires you? What do you love in your life and keeps you going even during tough times?
- What do you like doing? Is there a hobby you can find to do. It may even turn into a paying business.
- What could you do? Don’t ever think you are too much of anything not to be educated. We are all learning and there is much we can learn that can change our view of the world.
- Do you understand that it is okay to do “baby steps” and not bite off more than you can “chew”.
- Who encourages you and is supportive? A friend, a family member, a church member or a member of your Faith, a coach, a mentor, a Counsellor, a Doctor? All have their place and can help you get back on track. A mentor if you will.
- Be your own best friend. There is no one quite like you. You are unique and one of. Be proud of that.
Be encouraged that where you are – many may very well have been in similar or an even worse situation.
Don’t give up hope! Count your blessings – we all have things to be grateful for. Whether our sight, our hearing, our mobility, our thinking, our way of life, our freedoms. What can you count?
Deborah Hunter Kells
I'm happy to present this blog as work from a Team which makes it possible. Thanks go to Sarah, Tina, Billah. Here is covered a variety of topics including our big wide world and nature which tries hard to deal with what we do to it. People and relationships is also covered and much more.