What Should You Remove From Your Diet In 2019?
Header Stock Photo from Milkos/Shutterstock
One of the quickest ways to put on weight and get sick is to eat processed foods in your daily diet all of the time. However, far too many people incorporate these foods into their diet. A processed food is one that contains artificial flavours, ingredients that have been refined or chemicals. Essentially, if it contains synthetic components, it is a processed food. What they can do to your overall health isn’t a pretty picture. You may be shocked to discover more about some of the worst processed foods! Read on to discover the worst processed foods list…
- Low-carb junk foods – Let’s start with one of the most obvious types of bad processed foods: junk food. Ready meals, in particular, should be avoided. These are just too easy to be included in the cupboard – but don’t go too easy when it comes to your body’s health.
- Sweetened coffee drinks – You don’t need to give up coffee altogether. In fact, it is said to offer some benefits. However, you should drink quality coffee and take it black. If you really can’t stomach it this way, a small amount of full-fat milk or cream is recommended. Limit it’s use even then and look for healthy herbs drinks, fresh squeezed juice and water.
- Margarine – Margarine is simply engineered food that is designed to feel, taste, and look like butter. It contains a high amount of trans fat, which should never be included in a healthy diet. It is quite amazing how our diets have margarine included in many parts sneaking it in here and there.
- Candy bars or confectionery bars – A lot of people turn to these when they are looking for something quick to eat at work in the afternoon when they require an energy boost. However, not only are candy bars packed with excessive amounts of sugar, but they are often bulked up with refined ingredients, like wheat flour, which leave you wanting more and so you end up eating more food than you intended to.
- Industrially produced vegetable oils – When cooking, try to use olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil. Stay away from refined vegetable oils like cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, and canola oil. These oils contain a high amount of omega-6 fatty acids. Omega-6 fatty acids aren’t recommended because they generate increased levels of oxidative stress in the body and they are linked to heightened risk of cancer.
- Fast food meals – You are probably already well aware that too many takeaways and fast food meals are no good! They are laden with calories or kilojoules which are best left alone.
- Pizza – Pizza is probably the most favoured type of junk food around the world. Yes, it tastes amazing, but if you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you are going to need to cut it out. This doesn’t mean you cannot make your own pizza, though. There are many healthy variations available too, such as pizzas using a cauliflower base or even try a wholemeal flour scone base if gluten isn’t an issue.
- Agave nectar – Presented as healthy and natural, this sweetener is anything but. It is a highly refined product, which contains more fructose than both high fructose corn syrup and table sugar. This can be destructive to your health – don’t be taken in by products said to be healthy until you give them a thorough check by research.
- Processed cheese – When it comes to cheese, make sure you go for the real thing rather than the processed alternative. White cheeses are said to be less processed even and also an alternative to consider – such as Feta, Ricotta and Cottage cheese.
- Fruit juices – A lot of people assume fruit juice is healthy because it contains fruit. However, it contains a huge amount of sugar, which can cancel out the vitamins and antioxidants. Fruit in this concentrated form is hard on the body. Include fruits instead of juices processed like this.
- Potato chips and French fries – French fries and potato chips will lead to weight gain; it’s as simple as that.
Stock Photo from innakreativ/Shutterstock
- Ice cream – Ice cream is loaded with sugar, and you’ll be piling a huge amount of calories onto your meal if you eat it for dessert. It can be eaten so quickly it is like eating enough calories or kilo joules for another meal!
- Sugary drinks – Sugary drinks are bad for the health because they can lead to fatty liver disease as well as insulin resistance. They can also increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Leave them out!
- White bread – White bread can be categorised as empty calories. This is because the processing and grinding have scarified all of the nutrients contained in whole wheat. Change your type of bread and look for the more wholesome varieties.
- Cakes, pastries, and cookies – Yes, they’re tasty, but they don’t have any nutrients in them! Work on including a healthy variety of these types of items – better for your health in many ways.
- Processed meat – White meat is great for the diet, but processed meats are not. Examples are bacon, pepperoni, and sausage. These foods increase the risk of heart disease, colon cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Low-fat yoghurt – Yogurt can be great for the diet, but only natural and full-fat yogurt, or probiotic yogurt. Don’t go for the low-fat versions of calorie-laden yogurts, as they often contain masses of sugar.
So there you have it: the worst processed food list. If you can remove the foods that have been mentioned above from your diet, you should notice a big difference for the better no matter what age you are.. You will feel better and you will look better too.
Deborah Hunter Kells
I'm happy to present this blog as work from a Team which makes it possible. Thanks go to Sarah, Tina, Billah. Here is covered a variety of topics including our big wide world and nature which tries hard to deal with what we do to it. People and relationships is also covered and much more.